Welcome to the landing page for Palavermedia.co
This site is a ‘work in progress’ project site edited and administered by Stephen Olsen as a staging platform for a variety of voluntary and commissioned projects.
The intention is to feature pointers to current projects and special interests.
The background to Palaver Media
The motivation behind Palavermedia.co began from 2007 when I joined with a group of independent writers and researchers based out of Wellington, New Zealand, to contribute freelance services to projects under the general branding of Palaver Media/Palaver PR.
For the period 2007-2013 those services ranged across:
- input to strategic planning and concept development
- training and staff guidance
- editorial support – writing, editing and research
- design and photography assistance
- campaign management and communications
- event publicity and presentation writing
- media release writing and distribution
- media relations/ government relations/ stakeholder relations
Projects I was a lead for in that time, in my own right (with case studies being prepared for this site), included:
- the Aroha tetahi ki tetahi / Let Us Look After Each Other social justice campaign for NZCCSS (2008)
- client publicity and writing for the 2nd International Urban Design Conference (Australia, 2009)
- the Doorways to Community Housing campaign for Community Housing Aotearoa (2010-2012), including coordination of video clips with Waitakere Housing Call to Action.
- guest editing two editions of the Australasian Housing Institute’s flagship magazine HousingWorks (2011-2012), including a special edition for the 2012 World Indigenous Housing Conference
- media support for a WW1 commemoration project (2011) and an allied voluntary project for WW100.govt.nz (2013)
- managing a national ‘Big Questions’ roadshow for the NZ Union of Students’ Associations in partnership with the Constitutional Advisory Panel and Commission for Financial Literary (2013)
- advising on new initiatives for Scoop Media such as InfoPages and Scoop Amplifier (2013)
- pursuing media opportunities for small businesses, startup companies and social enterprises
Thanks for calling by, and feel free to drop me a line.
Stephen Olsen | palavermedia@ gmail.com